OPSC Geologist Recruitment 2022 Notification released. Here candidates can check all the details of Odisha Geologist Recruitment 2021.
Odisha Public Service Commission, OPSC is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of 36 posts of Geologist in Group A Posts of Odisha Ground Water Geologist Service under the Department of Water Resources.
If you are an Aspirant for Odisha Geologist Job then this is good news for you. OPSC will start the online application process for Odisha Geologist Vacancy Soon. In this post, you will get all the details of the OPSC Geologist Vacancy, Eligibility, exam pattern, and Syllabus of OPSC Geologist Recruitment 2022.
OPSC Geologist Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Odisha Public Service Commission(OPSC)
|No of vacancy
|Rs56100/- with DA
Odisha Geologist Recruitment Notification Details
OPSC has released the Geologist Recruitment Notification 2022. Interested candidates go through the detailed notification and apply online by visiting the official website.
|Starting Date of Online Application
|Last Date for filing Application
|Confirmed Exam date
|Publication of Result
Candidates who are applying for the Odisha Geologist vacancy need to pay a nonrefundable examination fee.
For Gen/OBC candidates: Rs500/-
For SC/ST/PwD Candidates: Nil
Check the official notification for category wise vacancy details
Odisha Geologist Salary Structure
The Salary of an Odisha Geologist is Rs56100/- in Level 12, Cell-1 of pay matrix under ORSP Rules 2017 with usual dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the government of Odisha from time to time.
Age Limit: The Minimum age limit is 21 years and the Maximum age limit is 32 years. However, relaxation in the upper age limit is applicable as per government rules.
Educational Qualification: For the post of OPSC Geologist Recruitment, Candidates must hold at least a second class Master Degree in Geology/Applied Geology/Earth Science from any recognized university in India.
Mode of Selection
The candidates for the OPSC Geologist recruitment will be selected on the basis of performance the Geologist Written examination followed by Viva Voce Test.
Pattern of Examination
- The written examination consists of two papers with a total of 450 Marks.
- The question paper will be in English Language Only
- There will be 75 Questions in Paper 1 & 150 Questions in paper 2.
- The duration of paper 1 is 90 Minutes and Paper 2 is 180 Minutes
- All the questions will be objective MCQ type.
- Each Question Carries 2 marks and there will be negative marking. For Each incorrect answer 0.5 mark will be deducted.
- The Viva Voce will be conducted for 50 Marks.
|No of questions
|General Studies and Awareness
Exam Center for OPSC Geologist Exam
The written examination will be held at Cuttack
Here you can check the latest syllabus of Odisha Geologist recruitment examination 2021.
General Studies and Awareness: The paper in General Studies and awareness will include knowledge of Current Affairs, Sports, History, Geography, General Science, Political Science, Economics, Sociology, Astrophysics, Space Science etc as may be expected of a graduate person.
- Remote Sensing
- Structural Geology
- Igneous Petrology
- Metamorphic Petrology
- Rock Mechanics
- Ground Water Hydrology
How to apply for OPSC Geologist Recruitment 2022?
- Go to the Official Portal of OPSC. The Direct link is given below.
- Then Click on the Apply Online Option
- You will get details of all the recruitment Available. Under the OPSC Geologist recruitment section click on new user
- Then fill in all the information correctly.
- Then upload the photograph and pay the application fee if applicable.
- Then take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it with you for your future reference.
Important Links for Odisha Geologist Recruitment
Some FAQ about Odisha Geologist Recruitment 2021
What is the salary of Odisha Geologist?
The Salary of Odisha Geologist is Rs56100/-