If you are searching for the latest OSSC Junior Mining Officer Syllabus 2022, then this post is for you. The Odisha Staff Selection Commission has released the Junior Mining Officer(JMO) Syllabus for Written Test. Candidates who are preparing for the Odisha Junior Mining Officer Exam can download the syllabus in PDF format from this post.
The Syllabus is extremely important for all job aspirants. Candidates need to be acquainted with the OSSC JMO Exam Pattern and syllabus to score high marks in the examination. So download the OSSC syllabus PDF and Prepare well by strictly following the exam syllabus and pattern. You can take your Junior Mining Officer Exam preparation to the next level by practicing the OSSC Previous question papers.
OSSC Junior Mining Officer Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Post Name||Junior Mining Officer|
|Qualification||Diploma in Mining Engineering|
|Salary||Rs. 25300/- per month|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
OSSC JMO Recruitment 2022 Exam Pattern
The Odisha Staff Selection will conduct an Offline OMR-Based Recruitment Examination to shortlist the candidates for Junior Mining Officer Recruitment. The Selection Process will be a two-stage process Written Examination and Certificate Verification.
1. Written Examination
This stage-1 of the OSSC JMO Recruitment Exam selection process is the Main Written Examination. It shall consist of two papers each of 100 marks. The detailed subject and distribution of mark is given below
|Paper 1||Concerned Subject||100|
|Paper 2||Concerned Subject||100|
- The duration of each paper is 2.5 hours
- The Questions will be objective MCQ-type questions.
- There will be a negative marking and for each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
2. Certificate Verification
Candidates 1.5 times the vacancies in order of merit category-wise based on sum total of marks secured Verification in Paper-I & Paper-II in the Main Written examination shall be shortlisted for Certificate Verification.
Odisha Junior Mining Officer Syllabus PDF
OSSC Junior Mining Officer Exam Syllabus PDF is extremely important for the aspirants of the Odisha JMO Exam. The latest Odisha Junior Mining Officer Recruitment exam pattern and syllabus have been released by the commission. Aspirants can download the Odisha JMO Exam Syllabus PDF from this post.
Paper-I Syllabus: 100 Questions-100 Marks (1.5Hours)
Surface Mining Technology
- Choice of Opencast Mining
- Slope Stability
- Explosive and blasting accessories
- Blasting practices in Mines
- Controlled blasting Techniques as per statutory provision
Underground Coal Mining
- Introduction to underground coal Mining
- Bord and Pillar method
- Longwall method
- Thick seam Mining
- Horizon mining
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Stowing
- Support and roof control in Mines
- Subsidence due to Mining
- Shaft Sinking
- Course contents.
- Air crossing and distribution
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Booster fan and its Effects
- Auxiliary Ventilation
- Ventilation Survey
- Leakage of air in Mines.
Mine hazard and safety
- Mine gases & gas testing
- Emission of firedamp in U/g working.
- Define fires & spontaneous heating
- Mine explosion
- Mine Inundation
- Mine lighting & illumination
- Noise and vibration
- Mine Rescue and Recovery
- Wire Ropes
- Rope haulage
- Cage and shaft fittings
- Winding drum
- Friction Winding
- Skip Winding
- Pit top & Pit bottom circuit layout
Underground Metal Mining
- Access to ore body
- Development in underground Metal mine.
- Give a Comparative study between coal and metal Mining
- Stoping Methods. 5. Stone Drifting
- Rock Burst
- Face mechanization.
- Unit Operations
- Explain the procedure for size analysis & use of the standard screen as also screening
- Industrial Screening
- Gravity Concentration
- Heavy Media separation
- Magnetic & Electrostatic Separators
Material handling and Logistics
- Introduction to surface & underground haulage System.
- Locomotive haulage
- Aerial ropeways
- Hydraulic transportation of solids.
- Man riding haulage
- Spiral Chutes
- The flow of Materials in bins, and bunkers.
Paper-II Syllabus: 100 Questions-100 Marks (1.5Hours)
- Chain Survey
- Compass Survey
- Plane Table Survey
- Computation of areas
- Calculation of Ore Reserves
Mines Legislation & General Safety
- Mines Act 1952 Discuss various Provisions of Mines Act 1952.
- Mines Rules 1955 Discuss various provisions of Mines Rule 1955.
- Coal Mine Regulation 2017 Discuss various provisions of C.M.R.2017. 4. Mines Rescue Rules 1985 Discuss various provisions of Mines Rescue Rules 1985.
- Indian Explosive Rules 2008 Discuss various provisions of Indian Explosive Rules 2008.
- Central Electricity Authority 2010 Discuss various provisions of Central Electricity Authority 2010.
Mines Survey – II
- Triangulation and Trilateration.
- Correlation of Surface and underground survey.
- Setting out Curves.
- Stop Surveying
- G.P.S & Total Station.
Mine Legislation & General Safety – II
- Metalliferous mines Regulations 1961
- Mines V.T Rules 1966
- Mines Creche Rules 1966
- Maternity benefit Act.
- Mines Accident & Safety
- Forest Conservation Act (FCA) 1980.
- Environmental Protection Act 1986. 8. MMDR Act MCR Rules
- Classified Circulars (DGMS)
Advanced Mines Survey
- Spherical Trigonometry
- Field Astronomy. 3. Element of Photogrammetry.
- Global Positioning System.
- Total Station
- The Multi-disciplinary nature of environmental studies.
- Natural Resources.
- Biodiversity and its Conversation
- Environmental Pollution.
- Social Issues and the Environment.
- Human Population and the Environment.