Odisha Junior Librarian Syllabus PDF: OSSC is all set to conduct a computer-based recruitment examination(CBRE) on 29th January 2022 for the posts of Odisha Junior Librarian. If you have applied for the OSSC Junior Librarian Recruitment Exam, Then prepare well for the OSSC Junior Librarian written exam.
Candidates who are preparing for the Librarian Written exam should refer to the OSSC Junior Librarian Syllabus and start their preparation accordingly. Also, Candidates should be aware of the exam pattern to get a better idea of the OSSC Junior Librarian Written exam. To help you with your preparation, we are here with the complete details of the OSSC Junior Librarian Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
Odisha Junior Librarian Recruitment Overview
|Name of Exam||Junior Librarian 2019|
|Name of Post||Junior Librarian|
|No. of Vacancy||25|
|Age Limit||21 to 32 years|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor Degree in Library Science|
OSSC Junior Librarian Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates for the posts of OSSC Librarian will be shortlisted on the basis of the following stages
- Main Written Exam
- Computer Skill Test
- Certificate Verification
OSSC Junior Librarian Main Written Exam :
The first stage of the OSSC Junior Librarian Recruitment is the Written examination. All the candidates first need to appear in this computer-based recruitment examination. The detailed exam pattern of Odisha Govt College Junior librarian exam pattern is as follows
- The exam will be objective Type with multiple type choice questions.
- There will be a totatl of 100 questions.
- Each Question carries 1 mark. So the maximum mark for this examination will be 100.
- The Duration of OSSC Junior Librarian written examination is of 90 minutes.
- No Details about the Negative marking is provided by the official department of Odisha SSC.
The detailed subjectwise distribution of marks are as follows
|S.No.||Subjects||Total Question||Maximum Marks|
|4.||Library & Information Science||50||50|
OSSC Junior Librarian Syllabus 2022
The subjectwise syllabus of the OSSC Junior Librarian Exam is given below. Check the syllabus thoroughly and prepare well to excel in the Junior Librarian Written examination 2022.
OSSC Odia Language Syllabus
- Usage and Vocabulary.
- Comprehension of a given passage.
- Translation from English to Odia.
- Letter / Application / Report writing.
- Short essay writing.
OSSC English Language Syllabus
- Shuffling of sentence parts
- One word substitutions
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Fill in the blanks
- Comprehension passage
- Spot the error
- Synonyms/ Homonyms
- Sentence structure
OSSC General Studies Syllabus
- Literature and Art & Culture of Odisha.
- Human rights issues.
- General Science.
- General Awareness.
- Indian History.
- Major events in World History.
- Environmental Issues.
- Current Events.
- Basic Knowledge of Computer Application.
OSSC Library & Information Science Syllabus
- Classification (DDC) and Cataloguing (AACR 2).
- Library Automation.
- Information Needs & Information Access.
- Bibliographic Description Theory & Practice.
- Library and Information Science.
- Knowledge Organization.
- Management of E-Resource & E-Publishing.
- Digital Library & Information Systems.
- Preservation and Conservation of Library Documents.
- Management of Libraries & Information Centres.
- Research Methodology and Design.
- Information Sources and Services.
- Basic of Computer & Information Technology.
- Information Storage & Retrieval.
Computer Skill Test Syllabus
Total 30 Marks (Minimum Qualifying Marks =15)
|To test some of the following basic system operations on file/ folder(s) Create, Rename, Copy/ Cut/ Paste , Delete|
|MS Word||A paragraph in MS word incorporating some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.Editing and Formatting text and paragraph page and Paragraph set up inserting pictures and Word Art|
|A PowerPoint presentation with 2/3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.|
Editing and formatting slides.
|A problem in the spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below is to be tested during the examination. Formatting cells and data Functions and formulae (relative, absolute, and mixed reference).|
|MS Access||A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination creating and entering data into a database setting the primary key.|
Hope the OSSC Junior Librarian Exam Pattern and Syllabus will help you to prepare for the Odisha SSC Junior Librarian Recruitment examination 2022. If you like this post then kindly share it with your friends. For more updates keep visiting sarkarinaukry.com