OSSSC Junior Assistant Recruitment 2023: Apply for 4565 Vacancies
OSSSC Junior Assistant Recruitment 2023: Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commission (OSSSC) is going to conduct a combined recruitment examination to fill up 4565 Junior assistant vacancies in the School and Mass Education department of Odisha 2023. The OSSSC is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for these Junior Assistant vacancies in Govt Secondary Schools.
Interested candidates fulfilling the required eligibility criteria can fill up the OSSSC Junior Assistant Application form 2023 by visiting the official portal OSSSC. The online application process is starting on 24th February 2023.
OSSSC Junior Assistant Recruitment Overview 2023
Candidates can check the important Points of the Odisha Junior Assistant Recruitment Exam from the below table:
|Name of the Exam||Odisha Junior Assistant|
|No of Posts||3099+1466|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: (+) 1 Mark No Negative Marking|
|Post Name/Purpose of the exam||For recruitment of candidates as Junior Assistant|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0674-2597106|
Odisha Junior Assistant Notification 2023 Details
The official notification for the 4565 no of Junior Assistants has been released by the OSSSC. Candidates are advised to start their preparation and check all the details of Odisha Junior Recruitment eligibility, the Application Process, Exam Pattern & Syllabus Details from this post.
|Online Application Process||24/02/23|
|Admit Card||Release soon|
|Exam Date||May 2023|
|Answer Key||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
Junior Assistant Vacancy Details
According to an official notification, there are a total of 3099 vacancies available. Candidates are advised to check the official notification for district-wise and category-wise vacancies.
|Post Name||No of Vacancy|
The salary of Odisha Junior Assistant ranges from Rs19900 – Rs63200/- per month as per the pay matrix 4 cell-01.
Eligibility Criteria for OSSSC Junior Assistant
Candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for the Odisha Junior Assistant Vacancy 2023.
The candidates should have a minimum age of 21 as of January 2023 and should not be above the age of 38.
Candidates aspiring for the Odisha Junior assistant Job should possess the following educational qualifications:
The candidate must have passed the +3 examination or equivalent with computer knowledge and can apply for the OSSSC junior assistant vacancy in 2023.
Odisha Junior Assistant Selection Process
The OSSSC will conduct a written examination followed by a practical skill test to select the candidates for these JA vacancies. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of performance in the Written Examination and Practical Skill Test.
Odisha Junior Assistant Exam Pattern 2023
The Odisha Junior Assistant Recruitment exam consists of two parts- A written Examination, and a Practical skill test. Candidates should know the Exam Pattern to prepare efficiently for the exam. The exam pattern for Odisha Junior Assistant Recruitment 2023 is mentioned in the table below:
|Subjects||No of questions||Maximum Marks|
- The written examination will be conducted offline.
- It will be an objective MCQ-type question paper.
- The duration of the examination will be of 3 hours.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.5 for each wrong answer.
- The standard of examination shall be equivalent to high school certificate examination.
- Candidates who will qualify for the written examination will be called for a practical skill test.
Practical Skill Test
|Basic Computer Skill||50||1 hour|
OSSSC Junior Assistant Syllabus
The candidates planning to appear for Odisha Junior Assistant Recruitment 2022 should know the accurate syllabus. Here we are providing the detailed syllabus. So follow it strictly and prepare accordingly.
English Language: 40 marks
- Verbs, Tenses, Active and Passive voice, Subject-verb Agreement,
- Connectors, Types of sentences, Direct and Indirect speech, Comparison.
- Articles, Noun, Pronouns, Prepositions
- Unseen passage (400-450 words in length) with a variety of comprehension questions.
Odia Language Test: – 35 marks
- Transformation of sentences: (Affirmative, Negative, Interrogative, Exclamatory, Simple, Compound, Complex)
- Transformation of words: (noun to adjective and adjective to noun)
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Connection of common errors in words
- Idioms and Phrases
- Taddhita and Krudanta
- Punctuation marks
b) Composition: Translation
c) Comprehension of an unseen prose passage
Objective General Knowledge: – In this category, there shall be a series of matching questions of different categories like:
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities, and places,
- Geographical facts with places,
- States, Countries, and institutions with headquarters,
- Books and authors,
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons, and uses,
- Current events with places and personalities, and,
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
- Number System
- HCF and LCM
- Squares and Square Roots
- Cubes and Cube Roots
- Percentage and Averages
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest.
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Ratio and Proportion
Basic Computer Knowledge:
- MS Windows: Introduction to Windows
- MS Office: MS Word, MS Powerpoint & MS Excel
Once candidates have filled out the application form, the next step is to download the admit card which is released 15 days before the examination.
The admit card will carry important details like exam date, venue, time of the examination, etc.
OSSSC will release the Odisha Junior Assistant exam date shortly.
The Odisha Junior Assistant Recruitment answer key consists of all the answers to the questions asked in the written examination. It will be released approximately after a month after the examination.
Candidates can visit the official portal of OSSSC and get the answer key PDF to check their answers. The answer key helps candidates to calculate an estimate of their performance in the exam.
Objections can be raised against one or more answers in the answer key, if not satisfied, by providing authentic proof for the same.
Odisha Junior Assistant Recruitment results will publish soon after the release of the answer key. It will be released on the official website of the OSSSC.
|Application Link||Apply Now|
|Official Notification||Check Now|
|Official Website||Visit Now|
|Telegram Channel||Join Now|
What is the salary of OSSSC Junior Assistant?
A junior assistant in Odisha gets a salary ranging from Rs19900 – Rs63200/- per month. This is the pay scale of OSSSC Junior Assistant as per the pay matrix 4 cell-01.