OSSC Junior Mining Officer Recruitment 2022: Odisha Staff Selection Commission is inviting applications from eligible mining engineering students for the recruitment of Odisha Junior Mining Officer Posts under the Director of mines Odisha.
So all the mining engineering diploma and degree holders can apply for this OSSC JMO vacancy from 28th September 2022. The last date to apply for the Odisha JMO recruitment is 27th October. candidates are advised to apply as early as possible to avoid last minute rush.
In this post, you will get complete details of OSSC Junior Mining Officer recruitment details, Eligibility, Selection Process, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Previous year question papers of Odisha JMO Recruitment 2022.
Update: OSSC Junior Mining Officer Admit Card Released. The OSSC released the Odisha Junior Mining Officer Admit Card on 11th Nov. Candidates can download their Junior Mining Officer Admit Card by visiting the official website. The direct link is given in the last section of this post.
OSSC JMO Recruitment Overview
|Post Name||Mining officer|
|Qualification||Diploma in Mining Engineering|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
OSSC JMO Advertisement Details
Here we are providing all the details of the Odisha JMO recruitment 2022. So Check the application process, age limit, qualification, selection criteria, and the detailed application process which is given below.
|Starting Date for Registration/ Re-registration||28/09/22|
|Last Date for Registration/ Re-registration||27/10/22|
|Last Date for Submission of Registered Application||27/10/22|
- No Application fees are required to apply for the Odisha Junior Mining Officer Vacancy 2022.
|Junior Mining Officer||126|
Odisha Junior Mining Officer Salary Structure
The monthly salary of the Odisha JMO posts is Rs25300 Per Month for the first year as per Govt. in G.A. & P.G. Department Notification No.28626/Gen dated 27.10.2021. The pay is subject to revision as per the decision of the Government of Odisha from time to time.
Eligibility Criteria for OSSC JMO Recruitment
The following educational qualification and age criteria are required to apply for the Odisha SSC Junior Mining Officer Recruitment 2022.
The candidates should have a minimum age of 21 as of January 2022 and should not be above the age of 38.
The Following educational qualification is required to apply for the Odisha JMO vacancies.
The Candidates must have possessed at least a 2nd class Diploma Certificate in Mining Engineering are eligible for this post.
OSSC JMO Recruitment 2022 Exam Pattern
The Odisha Staff Selection will conduct an Offline OMR-Based Recruitment Examination to shortlist the candidates for Junior Mining Officer Recruitment. The Selection Process will be a two-stage process Written Examination and Certificate Verification.
1. Written Examination
This stage-1 of the OSSC JMO Recruitment Exam selection process is the Main Written Examination. It shall consist of two papers each of 100 marks. The detailed subject and distribution of mark is given below
|Paper 1||Concerned Subject||100|
|Paper 2||Concerned Subject||100|
- The duration of each paper is 2.5 hours
- The Questions will be objective MCQ-type questions.
- There will be a negative marking and for each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
2. Certificate Verification
Candidates 1.5 times the vacancies in order of merit category-wise based on sum total of marks secured Verification in Paper-I & Paper-II in the Main Written examination shall be shortlisted for Certificate Verification.
How to Apply for OSSC JMO Recruitment 2022
- Go to the official application portal of OSSC which is ossc.gov.in
- Then Read the official notification of Odisha Junior Mining Officer 2022 Advertisement.
- Then Click on apply and register yourself by providing all the details.
- Then Fill out the application form by providing all the necessary details
- Pay the application fees if applicable
- then print out the confirmation page and keep it for your future reference.
OSSC Junior Mining Officer Syllabus PDF
OSSC Junior Mining Officer Exam Syllabus PDF is extremely important for the aspirants of the Odisha JMO Exam. The latest Odisha Junior Mining Officer Recruitment exam pattern and syllabus have been released by the commission. Aspirants can download the Odisha JMO Exam Syllabus PDF from this post.
Paper-I Syllabus: 100 Questions-100 Marks (1.5Hours)
Surface Mining Technology
- Choice of Opencast Mining
- Slope Stability
- Explosive and blasting accessories
- Blasting practices in Mines
- Controlled blasting Techniques as per statutory provision
Underground Coal Mining
- Introduction to underground coal Mining
- Bord and Pillar method
- Longwall method
- Thick seam Mining
- Horizon mining
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Stowing
- Support and roof control in Mines
- Subsidence due to Mining
- Shaft Sinking
- Course contents.
- Air crossing and distribution
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Booster fan and its Effects
- Auxiliary Ventilation
- Ventilation Survey
- Leakage of air in Mines.
Mine hazard and safety
- Mine gases & gas testing
- Emission of firedamp in U/g working.
- Define fires & spontaneous heating
- Mine explosion
- Mine Inundation
- Mine lighting & illumination
- Noise and vibration
- Mine Rescue and Recovery
- Wire Ropes
- Rope haulage
- Cage and shaft fittings
- Winding drum
- Friction Winding
- Skip Winding
- Pit top & Pit bottom circuit layout
Underground Metal Mining
- Access to ore body
- Development in underground Metal mine.
- Give a Comparative study between coal and metal Mining
- Stoping Methods. 5. Stone Drifting
- Rock Burst
- Face mechanization.
- Unit Operations
- Explain the procedure for size analysis & use of the standard screen as also screening
- Industrial Screening
- Gravity Concentration
- Heavy Media separation
- Magnetic & Electrostatic Separators
Material handling and Logistics
- Introduction to surface & underground haulage System.
- Locomotive haulage
- Aerial ropeways
- Hydraulic transportation of solids.
- Man riding haulage
- Spiral Chutes
- The flow of Materials in bins, and bunkers.
Paper-II Syllabus: 100 Questions-100 Marks (1.5Hours)
- Chain Survey
- Compass Survey
- Plane Table Survey
- Computation of areas
- Calculation of Ore Reserves
Mines Legislation & General Safety
- Mines Act 1952 Discuss various Provisions of Mines Act 1952.
- Mines Rules 1955 Discuss various provisions of Mines Rule 1955.
- Coal Mine Regulation 2017 Discuss various provisions of C.M.R.2017. 4. Mines Rescue Rules 1985 Discuss various provisions of Mines Rescue Rules 1985.
- Indian Explosive Rules 2008 Discuss various provisions of Indian Explosive Rules 2008.
- Central Electricity Authority 2010 Discuss various provisions of Central Electricity Authority 2010.
Mine Survey – II
- Triangulation and Trilateration.
- Correlation of Surface and underground survey.
- Setting out Curves.
- Stop Surveying
- G.P.S & Total Station.
Mine Legislation & General Safety – II
- Metalliferous mines Regulations 1961
- Mines V.T Rules 1966
- Mines Creche Rules 1966
- Maternity benefit Act.
- Mines Accident & Safety
- Forest Conservation Act (FCA) 1980.
- Environmental Protection Act 1986. 8. MMDR Act MCR Rules
- Classified Circulars (DGMS)
Advanced Mines Survey
- Spherical Trigonometry
- Field Astronomy. 3. Element of Photogrammetry.
- Global Positioning System.
- Total Station
- The Multi-disciplinary nature of environmental studies.
- Natural Resources.
- Biodiversity and its Conversation
- Environmental Pollution.
- Social Issues and the Environment.
- Human Population and the Environment.
OSSC JMO Previous Paper PDF
Odisha Junior Mining Officer Previous year Question Papers are extremely important to prepare for the OSSC JMO Written Examination 2022. These OSSC JMO Old Question Papers will give you an overall idea about Question Difficulty Level and question Pattern. So you must solve all the Mining Officer previous year papers to score high marks in the examination.
Once candidates have filled out the application form, the next step is to download the admit card which is released 15 days before the examination.
The admit card will carry important details like exam date, venue, time of the examination, etc.
Odisha JMO Exam Date
OSSC will release the Odisha Junior Mining Officer exam date shortly.
Odisha JMO Answer Key
Odisha JMO Recruitment answer key consists of all the answers to the questions asked in the examination. It will be released approximately after a month after the examination.
Candidates can visit the official portal of OSSC and get the answer key PDF to check their answers. The answer key helps candidates to calculate an estimate of their performance in the exam.
Objections can be raised against one or more answers in the answer key, if not satisfied, by providing authentic proof for the same.
OSSC JMO Result
Odisha Junior Mining Officer Recruitment results will publish soon after the release of the answer key. It will be released on the official website of the OSSC.